About Me: 40 Years Of Experience
I’m Thomas Dickinson. Founder of and solo practitioner at my firm, Thomas M. Dickinson Attorney at Law, I focus my practice on appeals and civil litigation.
I have 40 years of appellate experience, which includes:
- Handling cases before the state appellate courts as well as the U.S. Court of Appeals for the 1st Circuit and the Supreme Court of the United States
- Clerking for the former Chief Justice Joseph Weisberger on the Rhode Island Supreme Court
- Serving as a deputy attorney general for Rhode Island, where I was chief of the Appellate Unit
I have also served as a probate judge and municipal court judge as well as an adjunct faculty member at Suffolk University Law School.
Today, I leverage this strong foundation of experience to provide effective counsel for clients, including individuals and co-counsel.
An Award-Winning Advocate
My dedication on behalf of clients has earned me multiple forms of professional recognition over the years. I have been or am:
- Featured in the Rhode Island Lawyers Weekly Lawyers of the Year list
- A recipient of the 2020 Rhode Island Bar Association’s Ralph Semonoff Award for Professionalism
- Selected for inclusion in Rhode Island Super Lawyers since 2008
- AV Preeminent peer-review rated,* the highest rating, through Martindale-Hubbell
What I Offer: Appellate Work, Litigation, Mediation And Probate
Much of my practice involves appeals, both civil and criminal. Many are referrals from lawyers who don’t practice in this niche (and often intimidating) area. I also serve as co-counsel for lawyers on appeal, assisting with preparing appellate briefs and appearing at oral arguments.
In addition to appellate work, I offer representation in civil litigation matters and probate, drawing on my experience as a former probate judge. I provide mediation services as a credentialed mediator through the Rhode Island Mediators Association.
Learn More About Enlisting My Services
I routinely partner with other lawyers as well as individuals seeking guidance on appeals or other legal matters. Clients of all types benefit from my wealth of experience and reliable service.
To get in touch, contact me online or call 401-490-8083.
*AV®, AV Preeminent®, Martindale-Hubbell Distinguished and Martindale-Hubbell Notable are certification marks used under license in accordance with the Martindale-Hubbell certification procedures, standards and policies. Martindale-Hubbell® is the facilitator of a peer-review rating process. Ratings reflect the anonymous opinions of members of the bar and the judiciary. Martindale-Hubbell® Peer Review Ratings™ fall into two categories – legal ability and general ethical standards.